Tapit colt tops June Sale’s opening sessionJune 13, 2019
Hip No. 277, a son of Tapit consigned by Pick View LLC, Agent, went to M Racing for $400,000 to top the first session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2019 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age. The chestnut colt, a half brother to multiple grade one stakes winner Verrazano, who breezed an eighth in :10 1/5 at Thursday’s Under Tack session, is out of Enchanted Rock, by Giant’s Causeway.
- Hip No. 254, a son of Distorted Humor consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, was sold to Team Casse, Agent, for $290,000. The bay colt, whose eighth in :9 4/5 was the fastest at the distance at Thursday’s Under Tack session, is a three quarter brother to stakes winner Out for a Spin out of Driven, by Forestry.
- Phil & Christine Hatfield paid $280,000 for Hip No. 256, a daughter of Constitution consigned by Potrero Stables. The bay filly, who worked a quarter in :21 flat on Thursday, is a half sister to stakes winner Molto Bella out of grade one stakes winning OBS June graduate Dr. Zic, by Milwaukee Brew, the very first horse purchased by Marette Farrell Bloodstock.
- Hip No. 100, a son of Daredevil consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, was sold to Reddam Racing LLC for $245,000. The dark bay or brown colt, whose quarter at Wednesday’s Under Tack session in :20 3/5 was the sale’s co-fastest at the distance, is out of Bible, by U S Ranger, from the family of grade one stakes winner Corinthian.
- Hip No. 186, Hospitality, a daughter of Quality Road consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, was purchased by Emerald Sales for Tobey L. Morton / John C. Kimmel, for $230,000. The bay filly, who worked an eighth on Wednesday in :10 flat, is a half sister to stakes winner Giza Goddess out of Comfort and Joy, by Harlan’s Holiday.
- Hip No. 40, a son of Race Day consigned by Top Line Sales LLC, Agent, went to Marc Tacher for $170,000. The gray or roan colt, who breezed an eighth in :10 flat at Wednesday’s Under Tack session, is out of Annabird, by Flower Alley, a half sister to grade one stakes placed stakes winner Achiever’s Legacy.
- Zach Madden, Agent, went to $125,000 for Hip No. 213, a son of Union Rags, who breezed an Under Tack eighth on Wednesday in :10 3/5. The bay colt, consigned by Pick View LLC, Agent, is out of stakes placed Curlin’s Gold, by Curlin, a half sister to stakes placed Railtown Girl.
- Hip No. 221, a daughter of Speightstown consigned by Top Line Sales LLC, Agent, was sold to Rohan G. Crichton for $105,000. The bay filly, who turned in a quarter in :21 flat on Thursday, is out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Dazzling (IRE), by Galileo, a full sister to grade one stakes winner Roderic O’Connor.
- Hip No. 168, Paynter Son, a son of Paynter consigned by Golden Noguez, Agent, was sold to Winning Move Stable / Myracehorse.com for $100,000. The bay colt, who breezed an eighth on Wednesday in :10 1/5, is out of Chinchilla Lady by Mr. Greeley, a daughter of graded stakes placed stakes winner Boxer Girl, by Two Punch.
- Hip No. 235, a daughter of Pioneerof the Nile consigned by Halcyon Hammock Farm, Agent, was sold to Linda Rice, Agent, for $100,000. The dark bay or brown filly, who breezed a quarter in :21 2/5 on Thursday, is a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Gotta Go, out of Disturbingly Hot, by Unbridled’s Song, a half sister to stakes winning OBS graduate Hostile Witness.
- K.O.I.D. Co., Ltd. paid $100,000 for Hip No. 315, a son of Karakontie (JPN) consigned by Whitman Sales LLC, Agent. The bay colt, who breezed an eighth in :10 2/5 on Thursday, is out of Friend of a Friend, by Crafty Friend, and is a half brother to the dam of stakes winner Caledonian.
For the session, 187 horses grossed $6,119,500, compared with 179 selling for a total of $6,641,100 at last year’s first session. The average was $32,725 compared with $37,101 a year ago, while the median price was $20,000, up from $18,000 in 2018. The buyback percentage was 28.9%; it was 17.9.% last year.
The June Sale continues Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Hip No.’s 361 – 720 will be offered.
Thursday’s session will again be streamed live via the OBS website at obssales.com and via the Blood-Horse, Daily Racing Form and TDN websites.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Sales results are available on the OBS website, updated frequently during each session. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to email@example.com.
For more information regarding the June Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
Read More News From United States