6 months ago
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We are seeking a Grounds Person to report to the Head Groundsman, assisting him in all aspects of maintenance, preparation and repair of the racetrack and surrounding estate. You will become an integral part of the groundstaff team, taking part in vital projects which will contribute to the future development of the racecourse estate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant Grounds related qualifications
• Experience of sports ground management or equivalent
• A valid full driving licence
• Mechanical skills
• Horticultural Skills
• Basic computer literacy
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, enthusiastic, able to use your initiative and to exercise sound judgment.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
Quoting reference number JID1038 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Check out other jobs in this category: Farm/ Racetrack Staff